Monday 23 March 2015

Sketchbook Sunday (on Monday)




 I meant to post this yesterday, but due to waking very early with my Grandson I was just too sleepy!

This sketch in my Moleskine is a view across the bay from a popular local ice-cream/ crèperia .  It was late afternoon and the warm sun brought the colours to life.

Last week I received exciting news from the Sketchbook Project that some of my work would be in their new book.  I took part twice in the sketchbook project and the drawing they have used is from my secret places in Sicily project.





You can see my drawing of a balcony top right of the page. I have already pre-ordered my copy!

My original blog/sketchbook  post is here.



4 comments:

A.M.Jacob said...

Gorgeous sketch of a beautiful place. I like the atmosphere, and the sense of space and distance. Congratulations about the book!

Judy said...

A beautiful scene, lovely warm colours! Have fun with your grandson! And congratulations on the book!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the book! Beautiful sketchbook spread.

Unknown said...

That's great news. Congrats!