Wednesday 26 June 2013

Quiet Reflection



Oil on board 30x40 cms




















Finished and varnished just in time for a mini exhibition (more about that in my next
post)  This is my latest oil painting with a 'sea' theme.        
You might remember the fishing boat one from a little sketch I did at a local marina,
I love the swordfish reflection and the name of the boat  it sums up this area of Sicily
so well.

The painting below is one I posted a couple of months ago but the photograph was dire, this one is slightly better.  It's actually twice the size of the fishing boat painting.







7 comments:

suzannepaints said...

love the perspective here.

Melliott said...

WOW, nice! Impressive.

Polly Birchall said...

Two lovely paintings. So love the reflections!

Jane said...

I admired those wonderful pebbles last time - and today, they are equally appealing. I particularly like the boat painting - I can feel the sun, and hear the water. Lovely.

laura said...

Both gorgeous. I love in the top one how simply you've painted the water, such a beautiful flat surface.

debra morris said...

Fantastic work Cathy, good luck with the exhibition!

Unknown said...

It's lovely.