Thursday 29 December 2011

Four Seasons = One Year





A tree for all seasons, winter, spring, summer and autumn... a whole year in one tree!
This year is drawing to an end and it always amazes me how time just whizzes by.  Naturally we reflect on the year that's gone by, our achievements, successes and probably mistakes too.  Life isn't always easy and my art has been important over the past few years, keeping me me positive and enthusiastic.  Nothing is impossible!
Happy New Year and I hope 2012 is a good one.


"Don't be pushed by your problems.
be led by your dreams."
Unknown



16 comments:

Judy said...

What a great idea, four seasons in one tree! I love it! Happy New Year to you!

jill said...

Love the drawing and you alo made me decide to look to the future and make it a good one by my actions rather than regrets about the past

Cathy Holtom said...

Thank you Judy.

Good for you Jill!

Studio at the Farm said...

I am glad you chose the tree. for me, it also represents the four seasons. You did a lovely job of painting him.

Patsy Taylor-Craw said...

A tree of life and seasons all in one! Very creative and wonderfully executed. May your new year be the best ever.

Alex said...

such a cool and original idea! It's so beautiful

Unknown said...

A wonderful piece of art of a lovely tree. Best wishes to you Cathy for 2012

Richard Klekociuk said...

Nice work Cathy, and an excellent message.
All the best for 2012!

Unknown said...

Now, that tree, I LOVE!

Elizabeth Rose Stanton said...

LOVE the quote, LOVE the painting! You always have such beautiful colors in your work. I'm looking forward to seeing more in 2012. Happy New Year, Cathy!!

Unknown said...

Wow, wonderful trunk Cathy ! Beautiful colors and energy in it.

Lynn said...

Gorgeous painting, Cathy, and what a great way to commemorate a whole year. Happy New Year@

Sarah Melling said...

SO nice to see all of the work you've posted lately. This tree piece is really creative idea, and reflects the passage of time in such a lovely way. Belated Seasons Greetings and Happy New Year to you!

Cathy Holtom said...

Happy New Year and thank you!

Unknown said...

Happy new Year to you too Cathy.

You have had an amazing year and I look forward to seeing all you produce in this new year.

bettyfromtexas said...

absolutely AMAZING!!