Thursday 24 November 2011

Done!



'Stripes' 40x60cms, oil

This is the finished painting, varnished and ready for tomorrow.  I'm pleased with how this turned out, although it started out as only an experiment and is based on a reference came from Wet Canvas's image library.  I changed the background and colours just leaving the shape of the leaves. Unfortunately I don't remember who originally posted the photograph.

Myself and some artist friends will be exhibiting over the weekend at this beautiful 17th century villa.




The photo is actually of the rear of the villa, and is from where I sit in the station car park to sketch while waiting for my daughter's train.  The front faces onto a busy road and I would risk getting run over, but  the back entrance is lovely anyway!








I really like the frame on this painting of local fishing boats, strange how artwork looks so different in it's frame?  I think I will post this to my mum for Christmas after the exhibition (She doesn't have a computer
or ever look at my blog, so it's still a secret!)

10 comments:

Jennifer Barnes said...

Lovely work Cathy. I wish you all the best for your exhibition.

Made.by.Fay said...

Love the Stripes picture! Wonderful colors! I also love the little boats picture. So soft and peaceful. Good luck with the exhibition.

Melliott said...

What a gorgeous place for an exhibition! Your picture is wonderful. And you picked the perfect frame for the boat pic. Good luck!

Unknown said...

This is a very strong painting Cathy.

Good luck with the exhibition.

Gillian Mowbray said...

Oh it's gorgeous. I'm sure it will sell quickly, Cathy. Good luck for your exhibition. x

debra morris said...

Beautiful painting Cathy, hope the exhibition went well

Anonymous said...

Hi Cathy, just catching up - I hope it all went well!

Ann said...

Your painting is stunning!

Unknown said...

Beau-ti-ful, Cathy ! Thanks for showing the completed work :) And wonderful villa too ... how lucky you !

kazumiwannabe said...

The "Stripes" painting is stunning, so gorgeous with its incredible colors. Love the fishing boats one, too. You're right about the frames, they make such a difference! Your mum is going to be very happy!