Monday 8 February 2010

A Dog's Dinner







Ink,
watercolour
& coloured
pencil




The EDM challenge this week was 'draw something from your pet's point of view'.  I actually have quite a few pets, so lots to choose from, but it just had to be my big hairy dog's point of view.
Jacky is always thinking of food,  he's Italian and very partial to a bit of pasta for his tea.  This is MY lunch, rigatoni with ragù sauce...his favourite!
They do actually sell enormous bags of pasta for dogs in the supermarket, but Jacky would rather have some of  ours.  A big bowl takes him about 30 seconds to eat, he's very greedy.

12 comments:

Gillian Mowbray said...

I love the way you've captured the steam on this - lovely work, Cathy.

I didn't know dogs could eat pasta - but then - why not!

Unknown said...

If this is how you feed your dogs, can I invite myself for dinner???

Seriously, this is a beautiful drawing and I like your colour usage.

frayed at the edge said...

We used to have a poodle and a spaniel - they both loved lasagne! This is a super drawing - I could almost smell it!!

I've been having some problems commenting on some blogs, so this will show me as ADonald466 ..
regards, Anne (frayedattheedge)

Alex said...

I love the way you illustrated the steam and the beautiful reflection on the table ^^ excellent job!

nanke's stuff said...

mmmmmm .... looks delicious! What a lucky dog. And I agree - while the drawing (and painting job) are wonderful, you did an exceptional job with the steam. nancy

bettyfromtexas said...

This looks mighty good!!!

seesue said...

Lovin' the steam here too! Great colour sketch.

Ellen Burkett said...

Looks delicious. I don't blame him. Love the drawing...the movement of the steam is beautiful.

Unknown said...

LOL...your dog eats this well?

I'd have to agree with everyone on that steam. Very nice sketch! Looks like it belongs on a menu.

Janene said...

Most appetizing and very expressive!

Anonymous said...

I am not long back from a day out, shopping. Saw your pasta and realised how hungry I am! You have made it seem so real that I could almost smell the aroma!

Anonymous said...

Great piece, from the steam coming off the dish to the POV. Love those colors, too.