Friday 18 December 2009

A Wintery Walk and Christmas Greetings


Snowy fields
Coloured pencil
14x18cms











Merry Christmas!

This is my Christmas card for this year. 

One morning in the UK last year, I woke early  to find that there had been a light fall of snow during the night.  I was nice and warm inside so I sketched the scene from the window sitting in my pyjama's.
This scene was taken from that morning and my imagination.  I first I thought of  a single walker, maybe a famer checking his fields, but that seemed too lonely.  So  I added another set of footprints on the final version printed, and it became two people sharing a snowy walk.

The green/yellow haze in the sky is just my scanner mis-behaving and not some strange weather conditions.

I'm off to the UK tomorrow for Christmas, hopefully their snow will ease off and the airports will be open.  I'll be back in time to make some New Year's resolutions!
A Peaceful and Happy Christmas to everyone.

1 comment:

Leslie Hawes said...

Merry Christmas, and a lovely card drawing!!