Sunday 21 December 2014

Sketchbook Sunday






A watercolour sketch of some cherry tomatoes, just because I fancied doing some watercolour and I like red.  Although these tomatoes are from Sicily they never used to be available at this time of year. Times change and producers all now have greenhouses and anything is possible or so it seems. 




A family group intently studying a book or magazine  This was a really cold day in Oxford and we took refuge in a warm crowded cafe for coffee and bacon sarnies.
I am beginning to like painting on the strange cream/yellow paper in the Moleskine sketchbooks. It's the paper that really doesn't like water, but I like to challenge myself!

3 comments:

Judy said...

Beautiful sketches, Cathy!

Unknown said...

Great sketches.

Merry Christmas.

Laura said...

Love those tomatoes Cathy. I like using different surfaces with watercolour too. Merry Christmas and Happy and Healthy 2015. xx