Wednesday 31 December 2014

Last post for 2014




Here we are once again at the end of the year.  I can't believe I've been blogging for over five years and using my blog as way of keeping track of myself and my work.

This time last year I resolved to be more organised as life was (and still is) so busy and I was finding it difficult to follow through any projects.  I am still working on this but have made progress and I'm happy with what I've achieved so far.

I made more time to paint this year and completed more paintings this year than ever before. I started painting on mdf wooden panels and love the smoother surface.  I experimented with mixed media and smaller sizes, I learnt as I went along and improved by making mistakes.



My favourite from this year

My most popular painting of this year (blog and facebook)


I'm not one for big plans and resolutions so all I can say is that I hope to get out and do far more sketching, as I didn't get much chance in 2014.
I will also be building up my newly opened Etsy shop, with new work and perhaps prints.
I hope 2015 is a good year for everyone, happy painting and drawing !

Happy New Year!





4 comments:

Laura said...

i can see why the grapes painting is a favourite. It's fabulous. Happy New Year Cathy. xx

Judy said...

Happy New Year, Cathy! The grapes are fabulous, and one of my favourites. I wish you a very creative 2015!

Amy Bryce said...

Love the grapes. They glow.

Unknown said...

Belated Happy New Year Cathy. I'm glad 2014 was a successful year for you and I hope 2015 is too.