Sunday 17 August 2014

Tea With a View



oil painting on mdf panel  24x28 cms 


A couple enjoying a rest from sightseeing caught my eye as they sat sipping drinks on a terrace.  It was the light on the chap's hat that kept my attention, they were also sitting at the table with the best view and to be honest I was envious!
The restaurant was high up looking over the sea and rooftops on a glorious sunny day, what more could you ask for, except for a seat outside on the terrace...ggrrrrrr.

I wanted to try something different so I  collaged some ripped newspaper, tissue and wallpapery bits to make a border.  Not sure if it worked or not but the idea was to capture the old fashioned atmosphere of the restaurant.






I've no idea who the couple are but the man had a white beard and could have been American or Canadian   If you do happen to recognise yourself in this painting or perhaps friends who had a holiday in Sicily this June please let me know.
I have forgiven them for grabbing the best table by the way!



1 comment:

Judy said...

A great painting, Cathy! Funny subject and a nice story about these two people!